Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Two reviews forthcoming ...

I’ve just gotten the assignment to write two book reviews for the Fall/Winter issue of Mythlore, the semiannual academic journal of the Mythopoeic Society. The books I’ll be reviewing are Tom Shippey’s new collection, Roots and Branches: Selected Papers on Tolkien (Walking Tree, 2007); and the mammoth four-volume set, C.S. Lewis: Life, Works, and Legacy, edited by Bruce L. Edwards (Praeger, 2007). The issue is due out in October.

What with this, and an essay slated for Tolkien Studies Volume 5 next year, I need only get something into Mallorn (the journal of the Tolkien Society) to complete a trifecta, hahae. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Those sound like fun books to review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I like that I’m getting to do one on Tolkien and one on Lewis in the same issue of Mythlore.

    ReplyDelete